La cour carrée – Fooding authentique
TO EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY OF HAUTEFORT IS ALSO TO TASTE IT!
All our products are local, very local even, since our vegetables grow in the kitchen garden, just below the formal gardens that surround the château.
And all of the offerings are cooked and prepared at the château, by Lucien. The “short circuit” or “farm to table” in Hautefort is a reality.
All our plates, cups and cutlery are recyclable and biodegradable, reflecting the same commitment to sustainable and ecological management as in the park and gardens.
In Hautefort, beauty is everywhere, including in tasting.
Reserved parking areas are provided in the castle car park.
An access ramp allows you to enter the inner courtyard of the castle, as well as the shop.
The toilets are appropriately adapted.
Audiovisual room on the ground floor, with a documentary on the history of the castle.
Accessible spaces for people with reduced mobility :
- Gallery and courtyard
- The Damas room (with a view of the village below and the Hôtel-Dieu)
- Dining room
- State Bedroom
- Tapestry room
- Temporary exhibition halls
- Summer lounge and shop
- French gardens and landscaped park
Reduced rates for disabled visitors.
Dogs accompanying disabled visitors are permitted inside the castle.
Around the area there are several picnic areas, comfortable and equipped.
Two free private car parks:
- Near the old kitchen garden, below the castle, for cars only.
- The castle car park, near the ticket office, for cars, motorhomes and buses.
Dogs on a leash are allowed in the gardens and the park, but not inside the castle.
For a comfortable visit
- Benches and chairs throughout the domain.
- Modern sanitary facilities in the castle, near the main staircase.
- A nursery area.
- Free wifi access in the summer lounge.
- A visit booklet for children (on sale at the ticket office and in the shop), an audiovisual room, explanatory notices in each room, in French and in English, visit notes in all languages.